Monday 17 August 2015

Growing new roots

When I was working at Caerhys Farm I learnt that when transplanting there are tiny roots of the plant which are taken off it. This makes the plant go into a lot of stress, it needs to adjust to new soil, new conditions and at the same time, regenerate the roots. The recommendation to help the plants is to ripe out some of it's leaves so it won't spend much energy on feeding itself and can focus on getting new roots.

I remembered this today, as my first day in a completely new environment. I'll establish for some time in a new place, a new environment with new people and new experiences. Today I'm exhausted even though I haven't done much. But I need to remember to take some of my leaves off. Get ride of all the things I thought I knew about life, all the past experiences and be ready to absorb the new information.

Tiny lettuces.
So, whenever you find yourself in a new situation, remember to take it slowly. You'll fit in just right, don't overload. Take your time to find your center again, to get new roots. After that, you'll flourish once more, and perhaps even more bright than before.

No comments:

Post a Comment